An EA can be installed on your Metatrader trading platform by following the steps below.
Firstly, download and save the EA executable file. Identify whether the file is archived or in its normal format. To perform this check, right-click on the file and select ‘Properties’. At the top, it will say if it is a MetaQuotes Language 5 file. If it is not, it is most likely an archive. If the file is archived or zipped, make sure to unzip the file.
Now, open your MT5 platform. At the menu bar, click ‘File’ and navigate to ‘Open Data Folder’. Double click the ‘MQL5’ folder and open the ‘Experts’ folder. Now go back to where you have downloaded your EA and drag it into the open ‘Experts’ folder.
Once done, close all windows. Restart MetaTrader 5 platform and the EA should appear in your ‘Navigator’ panel.
Articles in this section
- I have a real account, can I open a demo account?
- I cant log into my Metatrader account
- How do I reset my Metatrader password?
- How do I reset my account password?
- How do I change the leverage on my account?
- How do I open a second account?
- Can I upgrade to Pro Account?
- Will I get account statements?
- Can I change my personal details?
- What do I do if my account is hacked?
Website operated by Fair Forex Limited c/o Suite 305, Griffith Corporate Centre, Beachmont, Box 1510, Kingstown, St Vincent and the Grenadines. Company Registration: 25697BC2019
*This website is not directed at any jurisdiction and is not intended for any use that would be contrary to local law or regulation.
**Risk Warning: Trading leveraged products such as Forex and CFDs may not be suitable for all investors as they carry a degree of risk to your capital. Please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved, taking into account your investments objectives and level of experience, before trading, and if necessary seek independent advice