What is a MAM Account?
MAM stands for Multi-Account-Manager and is designed for fund and money managers to trade on behalf of multiple clients for a % of the profits. This makes it easy for money managers to execute block trades for multiple clients at the same time, and easily manage risk from one account. Fair Forex MAM is available on MT4 and MT5.
The money manager’s account is called the master account. His investors accounts are called “slave” accounts. The agreed % of profit that the money manager makes goes to an “incentive account”.
How does the Fair Forex MAM work?
The money manager uses the Master account to open and close all trades. The accounts that follow him are called slave accounts. The lot sizes of trades opened in each slave account are automatically calculated according to the available margin. The master account controls all slave accounts. If the investor wants to prevent any further trading in their slave account they must contact their money manager directly. If this isn’t possible, they can contact support who will disconnect it within 24 hours when FX market is open. Once the slave account is disconnected all open trades are automatically closed. The investor can withdraw funds from their slave account as long as there are no open trades and there is sufficient margin.
What are the features of the Fair Forex MAM?
- Use one master account to open and close orders for multiple client accounts at the same time.
- Place orders for as many clients as you want
- Set different management fees (% of profits) for each client
- Management fees are added to a separate account in real time
- Available in MT4 and MT5
- No restrictions on the number of clients or deposit amounts.
- Clients can monitor progress in real time.
- All normal orders types accepted (i.e.: stop loss, pending orders, trailing stop and take profit).
What are the benefits of a Fair Forex MAM?
- Ideal for inexperienced traders who lacks knowledge about the market but want to trade safely.
- Operating your account under a money manager can help you defeat the emotional aspects of trading (risk, greed and emotions).
- A Forex MAM account manager will earn money in real time.
- Ideal for traders who do not have enough time to research proposed forex trades.
- Money manager is only rewarded when trading is profitable
How do I invest in a MAM?
Fair Forex do not complete any due diligence on money mangers and therefore we are not able to recommend anyone. However we can provide a list of money managers who use Fair Forex MAM and their contact details so that you can contact them directly and do your own due diligence before you invest. For information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What due diligence should I do?
Typical questions you should ask a money manager before investing are:
- What is your trading style?
- What pairs do you trade?
- What is your risk management policy?
- Do you hedge positions?
- What risk reward strategy do you use?
- What are your trading results to date?
Ask to see their trading history from the last 6-12 months. If they refuse this should be a red flag!
In addition, we recommend that you seek independent advice before investing.
Trading leveraged products such as Forex and CFDs may not be suitable for all investors as they carry a degree of risk to your capital. Please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved, taking into account your investments objectives and level of experience, before trading, and if necessary seek independent advice.
Money managers at Fair Forex may not necessarily be a licensed investor, trader, or financial planner. By participating in a MAM investment, you could possibly lose a portion of, if not all, of your investment.
Fair Forex Ltd do not have any control over money manager’s using our services, they are not employed or paid by Fair Forex and Fair Forex do not receive any compensation from money managers. Fair Forex is not responsible for determining the validity of a person’s or entity’s status or capacity to serve as a Money Manager. By using a MAM, you agree to hold Fair Forex Ltd and its officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates harmless from any liability, claim, or expense, including attorneys’ fees and disbursements, as incurred, for the actions or non-actions of your Money Manager. Fair Forex Ltd do not given any advice or recommendation regarding your investment and you must do your own due diligence.